horizontal

Monday, 10 September 2012

Day 4 - Tagliatelle

Hello! Tagliatelle was today's meal and it was delicious!

Started off by chopping half an onion finely, then slicing the other half in thin slices. Frying this and adding mixed meat spice (you could use cumin and paprika or similar), mixed herbs (basil, oregano, thyme) and some garlic. 

Then I added about a quarter of a can of chopped tomatoes I had left over from the curry. I made sure to smush any lumps with the back of the spoon to release the flavour evenly. Don't worry if you don't have a quarter of a can of chopped tomatoes, you could use half a tablespoon of tomato puree or some left over tomato past a sauce.

Next I added the cut up chicken pieces and gave them a good stir around. Finally I threw in two big tablespoons of pesto and stirred it all together.

Now chuck it all in with the cooked tagliatelle and serve with some grated cheese (or not?).

Notice I didn't use any measurements here because I cooked enough for at least two meals, you might want just one meal or maybe a thousand!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment