So last night I whipped up a curry. Was pretty simple, and i would have liked to use coconut milk instead of chopped tomatoes, but I couldn't afford it this week, hopefully next time! So by all means, please switch the chopped tomatoes for coconut milk, or for a thicker curry use coconut cream.
Top tip: Why not add some ground almond
and extra sugar to add that sweetness to your curry?
So I started off by frying a whole chopped onion until softened, then adding garlic until fragrant. Then I added a teaspoon of garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, ground coriander and some salt and pepper. I used about a teaspoon of sugar but use more if you want a sweeter curry.
Now add the chicken that you have, chopped into bit sized pieces, if it was already cooked then it will normally break up in the pan so don't worry about the size too much. Give it a good stir and then add either the chopped tomatoes or coconut milk or cream. Bring it to the boil and let it simmer until your rice is cooked. Start the rice immediately (it should take roughly 10 minutes).
If you used coconut milk or cream I like getting a handful of fresh coriander and chop it roughly and throwing it in. It adds an authentic Indian taste and smell.

No comments:
Post a Comment