Roast Chicken
It's on people! For the next week the menu will be:Friday - Roast Chicken
Saturday - Surprise for the Girlfriend
Sunday - Chicken Curry
Monday - Chicken and Pesto Tagliatelle
Tuesday - Either Curry or Pasta again
Wednesday - Chicken Hot Pot with Dumplings
Thursday - Leftover Surprise (Probably curry!)
So this is sort of a challenge to myself to see exactly how little I can live on for the next week. It started off today with a TREK to the local ALDI, a 4 mile round trip. Plus they charge for plastic bags, which is fine, but it means I have to skimp on them too so I took the old rucksack (It's literally over 10 years old) and packed it to bursting, I thought it was ripping at one point and got a few strange looks whilst trying to crane my head behind myself to check...doesn't work.
Anyway here's the shopping list, I did go a little over budget but I'm going to discount a few things.
The mince is going to be frozen and used another time, same with the spaghetti, one tin of tomatoes, the tomato puree and the oil I should normally have so I won't count that.
That makes a total discount of £4.92.
So take this away from the shopping total gives a fantastic total of £9.60!
So today is Friday so obviously it was roast chicken today! I did it with roast potatoes (I already had a bag of potatoes (read the last post!)).
And what a beaut!
Whack it in the oven at about 170-180 degrees C for 45 minutes per kg plus about 20 give or take 20 depending on your oven.
Put the chicken in upside down to keep the breasts from drying out.
Now onto the potatoes, I will be doing a post on "The Perfect Roast Potatoes" so this will just be a quicky: Boil em for 20 mins, drain and toss in the seive/collander until "fluffy" on the edges, whack em in a baking dish or frying pan with hot oil and fry until the corners ar going golden. Then throw them in the oven for another 20 mins or until they are nice and crispy.
"You know it's good when you forget out the knife and fork"
So remember to leave a comment ...



No comments:
Post a Comment