Seb's Scotch Eggs (They're delicious!)
Today I managed to find the time to cook up some scotch eggs! If you are disgusted by the thought of a warm meaty outer layer, coated in delicious crispy bread crumbs, and a succulent hard boiled egg in the centre, then you should just go away.I started out by removing the skin from about 550g of sausages (about 70g per scotch egg, I made 8) and mush the meat up with a spoon or if you are dirty dirty, DIRTY person then use your dirty hands. Chop up a spring onion or two, some fresh thyme and some parsley and chuck that in with the meat. Of course you could use dried herbs and a normal onion or really anything you fancy! Some sausages come with yummy stuff in already so why not try them?
Next you need to hard boil your eggs! Place them in COLD water, bring to boil, then STTTTART YOUR TIMER and simmer. (For roughly 9 minutes.)
Once the eggs are done, run a cold tap over them, peel, and cover in flour.
Seperate your sausage meat into however many you want, if you used 550g then 8 balls. Flatten these balls and roll then eggs inside them. Use a little flour on the work surface to stop the meat from sticking to bloody everything!
Once you have done that get two eggs (one egg per 4 scotch eggs) and beat them with a fork for 20 seconds. Roll each ball into the egg then immediately into breadcrumbs. I like to place them neatly in a little pile until I'm quite ready. Sometimes I take photos...
Now get a good amount of oil (500ml) and put it on high heat for about a minute to heat up. Place the scotch eggs in and give them about 5-8 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
CAREFUL NOT TO OVERHEAT THE OIL, TURN IT DOWN IF IT'S COOKING YOUR BREADCRUMBS TOO QUICKLY!
So there you have some wonderful scotch eggs! Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment